Saturday, March 27, 2010

Mustard Marinade or Dressing

This is my favorite marinade! I use it on chicken, pork, or beef. It can also be used for a great-tasting salad dressing on pasta or fresh greens.

When I couldn't have any more pre-made marinades and sauces, I discovered a love for mustard... something I didn't have before. It's amazing how your taste buds change over time, especially when you no longer saturate everything you eat with mixes. You learn what food actually tastes like and you learn to love the taste of food! ;)

1 Tbl dijion mustard (yellow mustard works well, watch ingredients - some brands are better than others)
½ Tbl vinegar, balsamic or any other flavored vinegar
1 tsp lemon juice
2 Tbl olive oil (double for dressing)
2 tsp oregano or Herbs de Provence or parsley (they all taste great)
½ tsp sea salt
A little garlic


     1. Mix together and brush on meat of your choice or use as a salad dressing

No comments:

Post a Comment